INTERNATIONAL APPLICATION PROCESS
For International Student applicants applying from outside Canada or the USA
SBC’s mission is to empower servant leaders to follow Jesus, serve the Church, and engage the world.
Applicants should be graduates from an accredited high school or have equivalent standing. International students should submit official transcripts of all previous education. A limited number of mature students who have not completed high school may be accepted. The college reserves the right to stipulate what preliminary entrance tests are required.
Early application is recommended to allow time to apply for a Study Permit and to make travel arrangements.
- English Language scores (if applicable)
- $100 (CDN) International Student Application Fee (non-refundable) – Pay Here.
- 2 references
- 1 headshot photo
- Official transcripts
- Medical information
- Housing (or dorm) application form
At this point, SBC will process the application and contact the student regarding acceptance.
- Tuition Deposit – Please send a $2,000 tuition deposit within 8 weeks to accept your letter of invitation (acceptance letter). This deposit is 100% refundable if you are unable to obtain a Study Permit. If you do obtain a Study Permit and choose not to study at SBC, your tuition deposit is forfeited.”
- Study Permit – Apply to Canadian Immigration and Citizenship for a Study Permit.
- Notify SBC – After you have received your Study Permit, please notify us and we will send you further information about registering for classes and tuition payment deadlines.
- Register – Register for classes for your specific program. We will email you the registration form.
- Medical Insurance – After you register for classes, we will purchase International student medical insurance for you through Guard.Me. You will need to choose the insurance coverage start and end dates in the registration form we will send you. The cost of this coverage is approximately $1.65 per day per person (so a stay of 365 days would cost $602.25) per person.
Tuition Refund Policy
After classes begin each semester:
- Students have two weeks to withdraw from a class for a full 100% tuition refund.
- Students have four weeks to withdraw from a class for a partial 60% tuition refund.
We require all applicants whose first language is not English to adequately demonstrate English competency as a part of the application process.
Students may demonstrate competency by submitting scores from Duolingo English Test, IELTS Academic or TOEFL. Another option is to attend Heartland International English School before starting at SBC.
Heartland Pathways Agreement
SBC will accept graduates of Heartland International English School as follows: Graduates of the Advanced 3 Program with a minimum overall score of 80% will be deemed to have satisfied the English Language Proficiency requirements for entry to all designated programs that require an International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score of 6.5 or equivalent. With this acceptance, a graduate of Advanced 3 will not be required to produce for SBC, any additional English language proficiency test scores.
Heartland offers English as a Second Language (ESL) programs to suit English learner needs from beginner to advanced levels. All courses have optimized classes for maximum student participation. Their programs start EVERY MONDAY.
Ask your SBC Admissions Counselor for more information.
Duolingo English Test
International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
- E-Download Account Name: Steinbach Bible College
- Address: 50 PTH 12N, Steinbach, MB, Canada, R5G 1T4
Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
- Internet based: 79-80
- Computer-based: 213
- Paper-based: 550
International Student Pricing
|Per Sem.||Per Year|
|Books & Printing Fee||$410.00||$820.00|
|Insurance with Guard.Me||$301.13||$602.25|
*$279 per credit hour. The Per Semester price is based on 16 credit hours. The Per Year price based on 32 credit hours.
Residence Room & Board
|Per Sem.||Per Year|
|Dorm - single occup.*||$1,725||$3,450|
|Dorm - double occup.*||$1,300||$2,600|
Printer Fees (pay per use, billed at end of year)
Administration Fee (eg. exam change, course extension, etc.)
Books (approximate per semester)
Athletics as determined by involvement
Lab & Retreat Fees as determined by course enrollment
Student Success Center
1, 2 & 3 Bedroom Bungalow Suites
1 & 2 Bedroom Apartments
(Includes Utilities and Internet Lite WiFi)
Dorm Room Damage Deposit
Please note, all fees and financial aid are subject to change.
Virtual Campus Visit
Get to know us from your home! As an international student, you don’t have the opportunity to come to our campus for a tour. Join us for one of our Virtual Campus Visits hosted throughout the year. Speak with the Admissions Counselor, hear from other students, be introduced to staff and faculty, and take a peak at our campus from where you are!
Study in Steinbach
The City of Steinbach isn’t just a great place to study – it’s also a great place to live and work!So many great reasons to call Steinbach home:
- Aquatic Center
- Abundance of Parks & Recreation
- Mennonite Heritage Museum
- Incredibly Clean & Green
- City Fairs
- Community Services
COVID-19 Travel Information
The Canadian government is processing study permits for international students.
We are approved by their province to reopen to international students who are currently outside Canada.
When you arrive in Canada, your health will be assessed before you leave the port of entry. You must have a plan to quarantine for 14 days when you arrive in Canada. This is mandatory, even if you have no symptoms. You must plan for this if you are traveling to Canada.
As of November 21, 2020, you must use the ArriveCAN app before checking in at the airport or crossing the border to submit your
- travel and contact information
- quarantine plan
- COVID-19 symptom self-assessment
Please bring your ArriveCAN receipt (electronic or paper) with you to show the border services officer upon arrival.
Online courses won’t affect your Post-Graduation Work Permit Program (PGWPP) eligibility. If your in-class courses are being moved to an online-only format or if you cannot travel to Canada because of COVID-19, you’re still eligible for the PGWPP.
EduCanada is a brand that supports the international education offer of Canadian provinces and territories. EduCanada and the leaf design is a trademark of the Government of Canada and is subject to a Master Licence Agreement between the Council of Ministers of Education, Canada (CMEC), and Department of Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development (DFATD)